Rocklin Relay for Life Charity Ride – Sat., Sep. 14, 2013
Held under USA Cycling Permit #2013-3352. All participants must wear helmets and sign a USA Cycling Waiver of Liability.
Join the Rehanna’s Warriors Relay for Life team, Victory Velo Racing, and local cycling enthusiasts for a fun ride to support Relay for Life and the American Cancer Society. All proceeds go directly to the American Cancer Society and their life saving programs to fight cancer.
Course: A 34 mile loop on good roads around Rocklin with a few short, moderate climbs and rolling hills. Follow this link to view the course: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/3008725.
Location: Granite Oaks Middle School, 2600 Wyckford Blvd, Rocklin, CA 95765
Donation: A $25 donation is requested; more is certainly welcome and will be well used to fight cancer.
Pre-registration: Use this link (http://goo.gl/lHefEM) to the Rehanna’s Warriors donation page and enter BIKE as your middle name to signify that your donation is for your ride participation.
Day of registration: While pre-registration is encouraged (that way we’ll know how much food we need), you may register the day of the event as well. The Registration desk will be open from 9-10 AM. Rocklin Relay for Life opening ceremony starts at 10AM. The ride will roll out just after the opening ceremony at approximately 10:30AM. Riders are encouraged to join us after the ride for food and refreshments at the Rehanna’s Warriors team tent on the middle school track. The ride donation entitles participants to free samples of Biju Thomas and Allen Lim’s famous portable food for athletes, and a sports drink.
About Rehanna’s Warriors: Rehanna's Warriors was started in honor of Rehanna Nicole Lydon. Diagnosed at 8-years-old with a rare muscle cancer, she bravely fought through radiation and chemotherapy. At 11-years-old she passed away, on August 1st, 2011. Rehanna’s bravery beyond her years inspired people around her and has inspired
us to continue the fight against cancer in her name.
About Relay for Life: Relay for Life is a charity event to benefit the American Cancer Society where teams walk around a track for 24 hours to raise money and spread awareness about cancer.
Download the flyer pdf.
Presenting the Tour of Placer – a Benefit for the Andrew Carducci Fund – Sat., Oct. 13, 2012
- Link to this RideWithGPS.com map.
- Please remember this is a benefit ride. Our GOAL is to collect $50 from each participant to go towards Andrew's and his family's recovery expenses. But we do not want the goal to deter you from participating. Minimum entry is $10, but please feel free to contribute more.
- Please bring cash, or checks, payable to "ANDREW CARDUCCI FUND."
- Remember, this ride is registered with USA Cycling, and as such, we need you to sign the waiver, and get a wrist band (or ticket).
- Registration will be set-up BEHIND Victory Velo, beginning at 8a, and closing at 8:55a. Ride departs at 9a.
- There will be a number of spots where we will regroup in the first half of the ride, but you will be on your own for the second half.
- Please bring plenty of water and food with you, there will be no support on the course.
- After the ride, there will be beer, brats, and fries in the parking lot behind Victory Velo.
- Please remember to bring chairs to hang out and visit after the ride.
- Ride safe and have fun!
When? Saturday, October 13, 2012 meet at 9:00am ready to ride. Registration open from 8:00 to 8:55am.
Where? Meet in the City of Auburn parking lot BEHIND Victory Velo Bike Shop (map Magnolia Ave & Tennis Way, Auburn, CA 95603)
What? This is an expert level 54-mile MARKED route with 5,600 feet of climbing, which will include DIRT Big Hill and several short steep roller-type climbs. Ride with Victory Velo Racing team members and other racers in the area. Men and Women welcome. This is NOT for beginners, however. Then join us for sausages, frites, and beer at the shop after. Also, we have a USA Cycling permit for a non-competitive tour, so your signature on a release form will be required.
Route: Link to this RideWithGPS.com map.
Download the cue sheet as a:
Why? Because we must ride! And also to benefit Matt and Kelly Carducci's son Andrew, who was severely injured in a September 14 car crash on I80 while on a lunch break from Placer High School. Proceeds go to a dedicated bank account opened for this young man to help with his medical bills.
Cost? A minimum donation of $10 is requested, however, a $50 donation would be awesome. Please give what you can.