Presenting the Tour of Placer – a Benefit for the Andrew Carducci Fund – Sat., Oct. 13
- Link to this RideWithGPS.com map.
- Please remember this is a benefit ride. Our GOAL is to collect $50 from each participant to go towards Andrew's and his family's recovery expenses. But we do not want the goal to deter you from participating. Minimum entry is $10, but please feel free to contribute more.
- Please bring cash, or checks, payable to "ANDREW CARDUCCI FUND."
- Remember, this ride is registered with USA Cycling, and as such, we need you to sign the waiver, and get a wrist band (or ticket).
- Registration will be set-up BEHIND Victory Velo, beginning at 8a, and closing at 8:55a. Ride departs at 9a.
- There will be a number of spots where we will regroup in the first half of the ride, but you will be on your own for the second half.
- Please bring plenty of water and food with you, there will be no support on the course.
- After the ride, there will be beer, brats, and fries in the parking lot behind Victory Velo.
- Please remember to bring chairs to hang out and visit after the ride.
- Ride safe and have fun!
When? Saturday, October 13, meet at 9:00am ready to ride. Registration open from 8:00 to 8:55am.
Where? Meet in the City of Auburn parking lot BEHIND Victory Velo Bike Shop (map Magnolia Ave & Tennis Way, Auburn, CA 95603)
What? This is an expert level 54-mile MARKED route with 5,600 feet of climbing, which will include DIRT Big Hill and several short steep roller-type climbs. Ride with Victory Velo Racing team members and other racers in the area. Men and Women welcome. This is NOT for beginners, however. Then join us for sausages, frites, and beer at the shop after. Also, we have a USA Cycling permit for a non-competitive tour, so your signature on a release form will be required.
Route: Link to this RideWithGPS.com map.
Download the cue sheet as a:
Why? Because we must ride! And also to benefit Matt and Kelly Carducci's son Andrew, who was severely injured in a September 14 car crash on I80 while on a lunch break from Placer High School. Proceeds go to a dedicated bank account opened for this young man to help with his medical bills.
Cost? A minimum donation of $10 is requested, however, a $50 donation would be awesome. Please give what you can.